hey, there still seems to be some error on startup, i can get in menu, but the game crashed when i try to change car, or start a race
A downloadable game for Windows and macOS
OpenC1 is a ground-up remake of the classic driving and wrecking game by Stainless Software.
- Upgraded to Visual Studio 2017/2019, .NET Framework 3.5 and XNA 3.1
- Improved Xbox Controller support! (Now with Force Feedback 😋)
- Additions for QWERTZ Layout
- Music support!
- Bug fixes
There is a MonoGame conversion in development (Linux and Mac support). In case you want to help you can find it here
Stainless Software (the original developers - of course!),
Neale Davidson (Fontana font),
Shayde (txt file decryption),
- XQuartz (Mac only)
- Read and comply with license
- To add new games, copy the games DATA folder into the OpenC1 GameData folder. It will appear as an available game.
- If you add the full SplatPack DATA folder, you will need to unencrypt the files first.
- Standard Carmageddon 1 encrypted files are able to be read by OpenC1.
- To play with soundtrack add it to the base folder of your game. Make sure it is in OGG Vorbis format and ranged from 02 to 09.
Game_Root\GameData\Carmageddon Demo\MUSIC\track02.oggThe simplest is to use the
MUSICfolder from the Steam/GOG version.
- Up, Down, Left, Right - Accelerate, Brake, Steer
- Space - Handbrake
- Backspace - Repair
- C - Change camera
- R - Reset vehicle
- A, Z / Y (QWERTZ Layout) - Gear Up, Gear Down
- F4 - Edit modes (for debugging)
- P - Take screenshot
- RT, LT, DPad Left, DPad Right / Left ThumbStick - Accelerate, Brake, Steer
- X - Handbrake
- Back - Repair
- Y - Change camera
- B - Reset vehicle
- DPad Up - Map View
- RB, LB - Gear Up, Gear Down
You must not install, copy, access or use OpenC1 unless you accept all of the following licence terms.
- By installing, copying, accessing or using OpenC1 you agree that you have read, understood and accepted the following licence terms, and agree to be bound by them
- You are not permitted to use OpenC1 with any data, files, or content that infringes any copyright or any other right of any third party. You must ensure that you have all necessary rights (including appropriate licences) for any data, files, or content that you use with OpenC1. You are liable for any consequences of your failure to comply with these licence terms.
- You shall fully indemnify and hold us harmless for any loss, damage, claim, cost or expense (including legal fees on a solicitor/own client basis) which may arise as a result of any action or claim that may be made or initiated against us by any person making a claim in relation to your actions.
- You are not employed by THQ Nordic AB, or acting on behalf of THQ Nordic GmbH or THQ Nordic GmbH / THQ Nordic AB
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
On my end everything is working fine :( I need more details ... what platform are you playing? I'm on Windows 10. Please make sure that all dependencies are installed as listed on the download page.
Hello! I clicked on the .exe (I guess) and nothing happens, doesn't open any game, why?
Hey, I verified the download and found out it was somehow missing files. I updated it. I should work for you now. :)